Thursday, June 14, 2012

COOKING CLASS WITH CALLEIGH

In May, yes I am finally caught up to May. Which means, I am almost done! :) I have to admit though, catching up on these posts really does help me sit and reminisce about all of the memories that I have created with Rayn, and all of the joy and laughter she brings to our lives on a daily basis. (If you are a mom and reading this, you know, as well as me, that not every day is joyous; however, looking at these pictures helps remind you of how joyous times can be and to forget the things that are bothering you.) 


So, for the first time ever, I signed Rayn and I up for a Mommy & Me cooking class at Eckert's. This was the first thing that we did together this summer. I went in with we will see how she does here. Well, during the class we only had one meltdown, but after a short minute, she was just fine. Overall, I would say that it was a huge success and she really liked it, as a matter of fact, I am going to look and see what is next on the list at Eckert's for a kids cooking class. 


PS: Rayn is going through what I call a "scaredy-cat" phase where she is scared of everything. So, the meltdown was about the noise that the blender made when people pushed it down. Part of the participation in the class, was the kiddos were allowed to blend their own smoothies. Eventually, Rayn decided that she didn't want to be the only without so she got over it and was extremely proud of herself (I was, too) for overcoming her fear. 


Saying goodbye, class was fun! The girls even potted their own tomatoes plants to grow at home and ours has doubled in size! Rayn is so good at remembering to water it everyday. 

SOOOO EXCITED!

Rayn: "Look mommy, mommy look, I did it!" (She was so extremely proud of herself.)

"MMMmmmm...tastes so good."

Someone better hurry up because I think there patience is wearing thin.! :)

1 comment: